Keep it simple tonight with this hearty gluten free minestrone soup. The wide range of veggies, chorizo sausage, and Italian spices make this one pot wonder super tasty. This soup goes exceptionally well with gluten free garlic bread. Just toast some gluten free bread, then rub it with a garlic clove and drizzle with olive oil, YUM!
Gluten Free Minestrone Soup with Chorizo
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 2 raw gluten free chorizo sausages, (you can find these at your local butcher)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. Mediterranean pink salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 x (13.5 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups gluten free chicken broth
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 2 x (13.5 oz.) can cannellini beans, rinse and drain
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup sliced kale or chard, stems removed
- ½ cup gluten free elbow pasta
- 1 small zucchini, roughly chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup chopped basil
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Pop the sausages out of their skins and roll each into 6 balls
- 2. In a large pot heat olive oil over medium heat, add chorizo balls and sear on all sides until golden brown. Transfer to a plate
- 3. Add garlic and onion to the pot and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes
- 4. Stir in spices and then tomatoes, broth, carrots and celery. Cook for 15 minutes.
- 5. Add cannellini beans, peas, kale/chard and pasta and cook for 10 more minutes, or until the pasta is al dente, this means soft enough to eat but still firm
- 6. Stir in zucchini and basil and bring to boil, then immediately remove from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes. Serve with Parmesan cheese
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...