Russian Cabbage And Beef Soup
These days all I think about is earthy soups, something warm and cozy such as this Russian cabbage and beef soup. Growing up in eastern Europe, this soup was a staple in our home with gluten-free rye bread.
When it comes to healthier soups, this is definitely on top of my list. Why, you ask? The soup is made with nutrient-dense vegetables such as cabbage, tomatoes, root vegetables and extra-lean beef.
Have you heard of the cabbage soup for weight loss?
Well, this is one version of it. The soup is packed with fiber, vitamin C and has a delicious flavour from the lean beef. I consider this naturally gluten-free soup, low calorie, low fat and low in net carbs, so definitely a soup for weight loss.
To add some creaminess to this soup, you can add yogurt or low-fat sour cream. For fresh herbs, dill or parsley are the best.
Let’s talk about weight loss.
What are the three things we need to do to lose weight?
- Cut back on sugars and starches. This is one of the most important things to do. Sugars and starches (carbs) are often empty calories and low in healthy nutrients. By cutting back on sugars and starches, you will find that your cravings for sweets and high carb foods will go down. You will start burning fats stored in your body instead of carbs for energy.
- Eat a well-balanced diet consisting of lean proteins, healthy fats and low carb vegetables. For the lean proteins, eat lean beef, chicken, turkey, salmon, seafood and eggs. Healthy fats are extra virgin olive oil, avocado or nut oils and grass-fed butter. Low carb vegetables for everyday cooking are cauliflower, asparagus, green beans, broccoli, spinach, cabbage, swiss chard, cucumbers and kale. Here is a full list of low carb vegetables.
- Exercise can be as simple as 30 minutes of brisk walks or lifting light weights. When you lift weights, you burn calories and speed up your metabolism.
- Eat 2 -3 meals per day
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat lean proteins, low carb vegetables and healthy fats
- Exercise three times per week
Some of our favourite recipes for weight loss are Kale Salad with Cumin Chicken, Immune Boosting Turmeric Celery Soup, Sauerkraut Soup or heart healthy Salmon with Thai Coconut Cream Sauce. You will find a complete list of our healthy gluten-free cooking light recipes here
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of only gluten-free recipes or its staff.
*As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please check out my sponsorship and disclosure policy page for more details
Leave a Comment
Add a Rating
Healthy Vegetarian Ukrainian Borscht Recipe
Healthy Vegetarian Ukrainian Borscht. This is a vegetarian version of the classic borscht recipe. This delicious soup is made with plenty of vegetables such as cabbage, beets, chickpeas, carrots and tomatoes. To flavour the borscht, I added caraway seeds, dill, chili peppers and vinegar. To finish the soup, you can add yogurt or sour cream […] Read More
Gluten Free Minestrone Soup with Chorizo
Keep it simple tonight with this hearty gluten free minestrone soup. The wide range of veggies, chorizo sausage, and Italian spices make this one pot wonder super tasty. This soup goes exceptionally well with gluten free garlic bread. Just toast some gluten free bread, then rub it with a garlic clove and drizzle with olive […] Read More
Asian Chicken Soup Recipe
I am very excited about this Asian Chicken Soup Recipe. When we crave comfort, curling up with a hot bowl of delicious chicken soup and a good book is just what we need. There are many versions of chicken soup depending on the spices, herbs and vegetables used in each recipe. Some even call for […] Read More