Why Should we Include Zucchini in our Diet?
Zucchini is a type of summer squash and resembles a cucumber, although some varieties are round. The color ranges from dark to light green or yellow. The flesh is mild and tender and can be eaten raw in salads, used instead of spaghetti with various sauces or cooked in spaghetti sauce, soups, muffins, bread, zucchini fries and much more. Because zucchini is very low in calories it is an excellent choice of food when counting calories.
HERE ARE SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT ZUCCHINI
- Zucchini has high water content over 95%
- Zucchini is low in calories 17 calories per 100 grams
- Zucchini is low in carbohydrates
- Zucchini nutritional value includes vitamin C, A and B6, magnesium, potassium, copper phosphorus, protein and iron
- Zucchini is budget friendly during warmer months
- Zucchini retains significant amount of antioxidants when steamed
Here are our favourite gluten-free zucchini recipes