This is possibly my all-time favourite muffin recipe. There is no added fat, refined sugar, dairy or eggs. The muffin is moist with a zesty flavour and subtle texture. Why serve plain oatmeal when you can have this wholesome gluten free oatmeal raspberry muffin that is high in protein, rich in fiber and vitamin C. Have one after a workout or add it to your kid’s lunch box, this muffin is a winner every time!
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 cup certified gluten free rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 ½ cups orange juice (preferably freshly squeezed)
- ½ cup agave nectar or pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup all purpose gluten free flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 ½ cups raspberries
- ¼ cup roughly chopped almonds or walnuts
- NOTE: all ingredients must be gluten free
- TIP: freeze the raspberries for 30 minutes while the oats are soaking, they hold their shape better when you add them to the batter
- 1. In a medium size bowl combine oats, chia, and orange juice. Set aside for 30 minutes
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients
- 3. Preheat oven to 375 F and line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. (My preference is parchment paper liners, the muffins do not stick to the paper)
- 4. Add agave/maple syrup and vanilla to soaked oats and stir
- 5. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just combined, stir in raspberries and distribute the batter evenly among the 12 muffins cups. Top with almonds/walnuts
- 6. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
- 7. Cool in the muffin pan
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...