- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 lb. stewing beef
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. minced ginger, about 2-inches
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper cut into large bite size pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into large bite size pieces
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 carrots, cut into large bite size pieces
- 4 medium size potatoes, cut into large bite size pieces
- 2 cups sliced green cabbage (the slices should be about 1-inch thick)
- 3 Tbsp. pure tomato paste
- Sea salt to taste
- Note: spices must be gluten free
- 1. Preheat oil in large pan over medium heat.
- 2. Season beef with spices and add to preheated pan. Sauté the beef until brown, about 3 – 5 minutes
- 3. Add the onions, garlic and ginger to the meat, reduce the heat to low and continue to sauté until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes
- 4. Add the tomatoes and continue to stir until mixture begins to simmer
- 5. Pour the coconut milk into the meat mixture, cover and simmer on low heat for 1-½ hours, stirring occasionally
- 6. Add Carrots, potatoes, cabbage and season with salt to taste. Cover and cook 45 more minutes or until the beef easily flakes with a fork. If the stew becomes too thick add a little more coconut milk
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...