The Savoy cabbage stuffed with meat and vegetables, simmer together in a light curry cream sauce creating a rich, unforgettable flavour. Though this recipe is similar to cabbage rolls, the Savoy cabbage and curry make this version distinct and unique. This is our signature Paleo and cooking light recipe. Enjoy!
Stuffed Savoy Cabbage in Light Curry Sauce
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 8 Rolls
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 medium savoy cabbage
- FOR THE STUFFING
- 2 carrots cut into large pieces
- 1 medium size zucchini, cut into large pieces
- ½ bunch fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 lb. lean ground pork or chicken, divided
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cup gluten free chicken stock or water
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 Tbsps. tapioca starch
- ½ tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 1. Core and steam the cabbage until soft and easy to separate. About 5 minutes
- 2. Place carrots in food processor and pulse until the carrots are shredded. Add parsley, zucchini, garlic, basil, paprika, salt, black pepper, egg and ¼ of the ground meat and pulse until everything is well combined
- 3. Transfer the meat mixture to a bowl and add balance of ground meat and mix well Separate cabbage leaves and remove the hard spine. Spoon the stuffing about ¼ cup on each leaf, tuck the ends in and roll. Lay flap side down in a baking dish leaving a little space in between each roll
- 4. FOR THE SAUCE
- 5. Place all the sauce ingredients in food processor and process until smooth
- 6. Pour the sauce over top of the stuffed cabbage and cover tightly with foil
- 7. Bake at 375 F for 90 minutes
- 8. Serve rolls with sauce spooned over top
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...