You will love these enticingly spiced roasted beets with a lovely contrast of salty feta cheese. The remarkably full-flavoured beets, deliver quite a punch in this easy to make healthy salad
- 4 medium size beets, any colour
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Organic greens for 4
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- 2. Remove stems and roots of the beets and peel each one with a vegetable peeler. Cut the beets to 1-inch chunks
- 3. Place the beets in a large bowl and add balsamic vinegar, olive oil, black pepper, salt, cinnamon and chili powder and mix well
- 4. Place beets on prepared baking sheet and roast for 35 minutes, or until tender. Remove beets from the oven and cool completely
- 5. To serve, arrange organic greens on a plate and then roasted beets. Top with feta cheese and green onions
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...