Looking for life changing spinach recipe? In this recipe, the spinach is combined with two kinds of cheese, spices and then baked into a light soufflé. This savoury dish makes a delicious side to any main. If you prefer a vegetarian meal add a light salad. This spinach soufflé recipe is a wonderful addition to any gourmet meal
Gluten Free Spinach Soufflé Recipe
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4 /5)
- (4 Rating)
- 1 lb. fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. tapioca flour
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups low fat ricotta cheese
- 4 large egg whites
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F Grease a 2-quart baking dish with cooking oil
- 2. Steam spinach for 1 minute. The spinach should be slightly wilted. This can be done in batches if you do not have a large steamer. Chop the spinach into small pieces or use a food processor if you desire a creamier consistency
- 3. Cook over medium heat while stirring until thickened. About 3 – 5 minutes
- 4. Remove from the heat and stir in ¾ cup cheddar cheese, spinach and ricotta cheese
- 5. Beat egg whites until they hold their shape. Fold the egg whites into the spinach mixture and transfer to prepared baking dish
- 6. Bake for 45 minutes. Top with remaining cheddar cheese and continue baking until the cheese is melted. About 5 more minutes. Remove from the oven and rest for 10 minutes before serving
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...