A great way to start a day is with healthy food that will provide you lasting energy. When you crave something sweet in the morning, try these gluten free date bars they are especially tasty. Whether you are looking for breakfast idea or pick me up snack this easy to make date bar recipe is a winner
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 3 cups (13 ½ oz.) whole pitted dates
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cup certified gluten-free oats
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- ¾ cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. gluten free baking soda
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan pink salt (do not add salt if you are using salted butter)
- 1 cup unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper
- 2. In a saucepan, combine dates and water. Cook over medium to high heat, occasionally stirring while breaking up the dates until the mixture turns into a thick paste. About 5 minutes. Cool slightly, then add lemon juice and vanilla
- 3. In a food processor, add oats, flour, coconut sugar, baking soda and salt and pulse few times until all ingredients are well combined
- 4. Add melted butter/coconut oil and pulse until crumbly, do not over process
- 5. Press a little more than half of the crust batter firmly onto the bottom of the pan
- 6. Spoon the date filling over the crust and sprinkle with the remaining crust batter and press down lightly
- 7. Bake for 35 minutes or until the top is lightly browned
- 8. Cool completely in the pan before cutting
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...