Deluxe White Bean Chili
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp. ground chili powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. dry oregano leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper or to taste
- 3 tbsp. pure tomato paste
- 6 + cups water
- 3 medium carrots diced
- 3 medium celery stalks diced
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper cut into small bite size pieces
- 2 x (13.5 oz.) cannellini beans (navy beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 medium size zucchini with skin grated
- 1 small sweet potato peeled and grated
- 2 cups frozen corn
- Sea salt to taste
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Choice of toppings: fresh cilantro, sour cream, cheddar cheese, goat cheese or avocado
- NOTE: All ingredients including spices must be gluten-free and preferably organic
- 1. Place the ground beef in a large pot and cook over medium-high heat until browned. Add onions and garlic and cook for five minutes while stirring. Stir in spices and tomato sauce and then add water, carrots, celery, bell pepper and beans. Season with salt and cover. Cook on low heat for 1 hour. Add water as needed during cooking
- 2. Add zucchini, sweet potato and corn and cook for 20 more minutes. At the end stir in lime juice
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...