This gluten free shortbread cookie will melt in your mouth. Shortbread cookies are always popular, especially during holiday season. All you need is one bowl and thirty minutes to whip up this cookie recipe. Next time you need a hostess gift, bring these mouthwatering shortbread cookies, they are always popular. No one will ever know they are gluten free
Gluten Free Vanilla Shortbread Cookies
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4.5 /5)
- (2 Rating)
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup demerara sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup rice flour (white or brown)
- ½ cup sweet sorghum flour
- 1 Tbsp. arrowroot powder or tapioca starch
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 18 cashews
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- 2. Beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy
- 3. Stir in dry ingredients until the dough comes together
- 4. Shape dough into balls the size of a walnut and place them on prepared baking sheet, leaving a 1-inch gap between them. Top each one with a cashew and gently press down
- 5. Bake for 15 – 17 minutes, until they begin to brown on the bottom
- 6. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet before removing
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...