Gluten Free Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 6 peppers
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 3 large red peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil or grape seed oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 medium-size ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼. tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F
- 2. Line your baking pan with the peppers, cut side up
- 3. In a large non-stick frying pan heat the oil, add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. stir-fry for 3 – 5 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink inside
- 4. In a large bowl combine 1 ½ cups cheese, quinoa, sour cream, tomato, chili powder, oregano, garlic, cayenne and chicken. Stir to combine
- 5. Fill each pepper with the mixture and top with the remaining cheese
- 6. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling. Serve hot
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...