Discover a simple way to cook gourmet chicken in a flavourful Asiago cream sauce. Stumbling on this amazing dish through my travels in northern Italy, I have decided to include it in my favourite dinner recipes. The tender chicken soaks up a mildly flavoured cheese sauce infused with sundried tomatoes, and seasoned with Italian herbs, making the chicken juicy and flavourful. This creamy chicken recipe goes exceptionally well with gluten free pasta and can be made in less than 45 minutes including prep time. Next time you think of Italian food, try this simple and easy to make recipe, it is a keeper!
Chicken With Sundried Tomatoes in Cream Sauce
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- (2 Rating)
- 8 pieces bone-in, with skin chicken thighs
- Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 large tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 cup gluten free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, plus some for garnish
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2. Season chicken with salt and pepper
- 3. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate and set aside
- 4. Add garlic to the skillet and cook over medium-low heat, frequently stirring, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes, add fresh tomato and cook 1 more minute. Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, sun dried tomatoes, Asiago, oregano, dried basil and red pepper flakes. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes
- 5. Return chicken to the skillet, scoop the sauce over top and roast 25 – 30 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- 6. Stir in fresh basil and serve. Garnish with more basil if you wish
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...