Deluxe Green Bean Salad
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 lb. green beans (preferably young beans)
- 3 medium size carrots
- 1 large fennel
- FOR THE MARINADE
- ¼ cup raw apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- NOTE: All ingredients including spices must be gluten-free and preferably organic
- 1. Clean the beans by breaking off both ends as you wash them
- 2. Peel the carrots and cut into matchsticks
- 3. Steam the beans and carrots leaving them firm to the bite (about 3 minutes) then cool
- 4. While the beans and carrots are steaming, prepare the fennel by cutting off the fennel stalks and peeling off any wilted outer layers, then shave the fennel
- 5. Whisk together apple cider vinegar, parsley, water, olive oil, maple syrup/agave nectar and garlic
- 6. Place beans, carrots and fennel into a large bowl and toss with the marinade, and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7. Cover and refrigerate overnight, tossing couple of times in-between, this allows the vegetables absorb the delicious flavours from the marinade
- 8. Serve warm or room temperature
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...