The choices of filling for savoury tarts are endless. A gluten free tart does not have to be complicated. This easy to make tart is made with melt in your mouth crust. Topped with fresh tomatoes, basil and buffalo mozzarella and infused with garlic olive oil. Try this rustic Italian tart Margherita, it outshines pizza any day
Gluten Free Tart Margherita
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 8 slices
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- (3 Rating)
- 2/3 cup rice flour (white or brown)
- ½ cup sweet sorghum flour
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- 2 Tbsp. almond flour
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. cold water
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (preferably buffalo mozzarella), divided
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Hot chili pepper to taste (optional)
- 1. Crust
- 2. In a large bowl combine dry ingredients. Cut in the butter until the whole mixture has a rough, crumbly texture leaving a few larger pieces of butter
- 3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and water. Add to the flour mixture and stir until the dough comes together. Shape the dough into a disc, wrap it and chill for just 20 minutes
- 4. Preheat oven to 400 F
- 5. Line your counter with parchment paper dust with gluten free flour and put your dough on top, sprinkle with some more flour. Roll out into a circle to fit your tart pan. Press the pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom
- 6. Toppings
- 7. Spread ½ cup of mozzarella cheese over the bottom. Scatter over half the basil. Top with tomato slices
- 8. Mix olive oil and garlic and brush the tomatoes with the oil and sprinkle with hot chili pepper.
- 9. Scatter over the other half of the basil and top with remainder of the cheese. Bake for 20 minutes
- 10. Serve immediately with scattered fresh basil leaves
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...