Discover flavours of Mexico in this deliciously spiced gluten-free quinoa recipe. This dish makes an excellent addition to chicken or pork but can also be served as a main for a vegetarian option. This is a budget friendly quinoa recipe packed with healthy nutrients rich in fiber and protein. Quinoa never tasted this good before! Enjoy!
Gluten-Free Mexican Inspired Quinoa
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 small organic jalapeno seeded and finely chopped; do not add (if making this for young kids)
- 1 ½ cups quinoa
- 1 ½ cups gluten free chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 large tomatoes cut to small pieces
- 1 ½ cup frozen organic corn
- 1 (19 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed well
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Toppings; shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream
- 1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over low heat, add garlic, chili powder, cumin and jalapeno, cook until fragrant about a minute.
- 2. Stir in quinoa, stock, tomatoes, corn and beans. Cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- 3. Remove from the heat and stir in cilantro and lime juice, cover and rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- 4. To serve, top with cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...