Gluten-Free Death By Chocolate Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- (5 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups gluten-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla
- 4 organic eggs
- ½ cup demerara sugar
- Pure cacao for dusting (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line a 9-inch springform cake pan with a circle of parchment paper.
- 2. FOR THE FIRST LAYER
- 3. Add 1 cup of whipping cream into a saucepan and gently heat, when the cream is fairly hot add butter and chocolate chips and stir until chocolate is melted
- 4. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla, and then cool
- 5. In a large bowl whisk together eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until the eggs become fluffy, then slowly add 2/3 of the chocolate cream while mixing until well combined
- 6. Pour batter into the cake pan and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes. Turn the heat off and slightly open the oven until the cake cools, and then cover and refrigerate
- 7. FOR THE SECOND LAYER
- 8. While the first layer is baking, add 1 cup of whipping cream to the remainder of the chocolate sauce and whip until small peaks form, and then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 9. FOR THE FINALE
- 10. Spread the whipped chocolate on top of the cake and refrigerate for 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- 11. To serve, remove the cake from the pan by loosening the sides with a knife before releasing the clasp, remove the ring and place on a cake plate. Dust with cacao.
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...