Chilled Mint Pea Soup – Gluten-Free
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 12 shooters
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 lb. organic, fresh or frozen peas
- 2 ½ cups gluten-free chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 organic, medium size onion cut in quarters
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sprig of organic mint or 5 leaves
- 1 organic, gluten-free bay leaf
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- Organic, gluten-free freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Put the peas, stock, onion, garlic, mint, bay leaf and salt in a pot and cook for 15 minutes
- 2. Remove from the heat and discard onion, mint and bay leaf
- 3. Puree in a food processor or blender, and then stir in buttermilk and chill well
- 4. To serve, pour into small bowls and drizzle with some buttermilk and sprinkle with fresh mint.
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...