Strawberry Ricotta Mousse With Blackberry Topping
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 lb. ripe organic strawberries (it is important that they are ripe. Otherwise you will need to add a sweetener)
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp. gluten-free corn starch
- 6 oz. organic blackberries
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1. In a food processor, blend the strawberries. Taste and see if you need to add a sweetener, they strawberries should be and sweet.
- 2. Then add ricotta cheese and blend until fluffy.
- 3. In a separate bowl beat the cream until small peaks form.
- 4. Gently fold the whipped cream into the ricotta and strawberry mixture
- 5. Spoon the mousse into serving bowls and then chill
- 6. FOR THE TOPPING
- 7. Whisk together water and cornstarch in a small saucepan, add blackberries and maple syrup and bring to boil. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- 8. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth, and then chill.
- 9. Pour the blackberry sauce on top of mousse and refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...