Middle Eastern Spicy Carrot Ribbon Salad
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 lb. organic medium size carrots (try and get various colours)
- 1 organic, small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup finely chopped organic flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp. organic fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp. organic, gluten-free ground cumin
- ½ tsp. organic, gluten-free red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. sea salt or to taste
- ½ cup finely chopped organic cilantro
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1. Peel carrots, then shave them into long ribbons or use a mandolin
- 2. In a large bowl toss all the ingredients together except cilantro and olive oil and let it sit for 30 minutes tossing halfway through.
- 3. To serve add in cilantro and toss once more, and then drizzle with olive oil.
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...