Light Salad With Japanese Dressing
- (3 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced white cabbage
- 1 head of romaine lettuce cut to bite size pieces
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- ½ cup (125 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp gluten-free tamari sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely chopped shallot
- 1 inch (2.5 cm) piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp gluten-free tomato ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) water
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) toasted white sesame seeds (to toast sesame seeds, heat a dry frying pan and when hot, add the seeds tossing until they are evenly coloured)
- NOTE: use organic ingredients whenever possible
- 1. FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2. Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl and set aside. The dressing makes about 1/2 cup, use only as much as you need to. It can be kept in the fridge for a few days
- 3. FOR THE SALAD:
- 4. Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and pour the dressing on top and then gently toss.
- 5. Serve as a starter, side or top with grilled salmon or chicken
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...