Indian Creamed Spinach ~ Palak
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 1 ½ lb. fresh organic spinach
- 1 tbsp. organic butter, extra virgin olive oil or ghee (Indian butter)
- 1 medium size yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 large organic tomato, chopped
- 2 tsp. organic, gluten free ground cumin
- 1 tsp. organic, gluten free garam masala
- 1 tsp. organic, gluten free ground coriander
- ½ tsp. organic, gluten free turmeric
- ½ tsp. organic gluten free cayenne pepper
- 1 cup organic, full-fat Greek yogurt
- Sea salt to taste
- 1. Add 1 cup of water and fresh spinach into a large pot, cover and cook for 3 minutes, or until just wilted, and then drain.
- 2. Add butter and onion to a large saucepan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 3. Add garlic, ginger, cumin, garam masala, coriander, turmeric and cayenne and cook for 1 minute.
- 4. Stir in tomato until well covered with the spices.
- 5. Add in spinach and yogurt and cook until heated through
- 6. Transfer spinach to a food processor or blender and puree.
- 7. Season with salt and serve hot with gluten free naan bread (Indian bread) or over rice with lemon wedges.
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...