Grain Free Spinach and Feta Cheese Pie
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- (2 Rating)
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. buckwheat flour
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 organic egg
- 8 oz. fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil or butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- Pinch of Himalayan pink sea salt and black pepper (you do not need to add too much salt since the cheese and buttermilk are already salted)
- 6 organic eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
- 2. For the crust, mix almond flour and sesame seeds in a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and mix to form a dough
- 3. Press the dough into an 8-inch springform pan and prick holes with a fork. Bake for 12 minutes
- 4. While the pie shell is baking, sauté the garlic in oil or butter over medium heat for about a minute, add the spinach and sauté until the spinach is slightly wilted, about 1 minute. Turning the spinach frequently
- 5. Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and nutmeg
- 6. Add the cooked spinach to the pre-baked pie shell, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and pour the egg batter over the cheese. Top with feta cheese and place on a baking tray, bake for 35-40 minutes
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...