Gluten-Free Schnitzel Bites
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- (5 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 2 organic chicken breasts, slice across to about ½ inch thickness
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. organic, gluten-free garlic powder
- ¾ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 large organic egg (more if needed) whisked
- 2 cups gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. organic gluten-free oregano leaves
- 1 cup coconut or grapeseed oil or as needed for frying (they are not deep fried)
- Organic lemon slices, lettuce leaves and or thinly sliced cabbage for garnish
- 1. Season chicken breasts with salt and garlic powder
- 2. Mix breadcrumbs with oregano
- 3. Prepare three bowls for dipping; flour, egg and breadcrumbs mix
- 4. Dip chicken in flour and coat well, then dip in egg and then in breadcrumbs, after the chicken is coated place on parchment paper.
- 5. Preheat oil over medium heat in a frying pan (the oil should be about 1/2 inch deep) once the oil is heated place coated chicken carefully in the oil and fry for 3 – 4 minutes on each side or until cooked
- 6. Place cooked chicken on a paper towel to remove excess oil and cut into strips
- 7. Serve over lettuce and or thinly sliced cabbage drizzled with lemon juice
- 8. TIP: you can prepare the schnitzels ahead of time, after coating the chicken place them on a plate and refrigerate. Do not cover them or they will become soggy.
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...