Gluten-Free Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 8 inch cake
- (5 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- ¾ cup all purpose gluten free flour (I used Cup4Cup)
- 4 tbsp. pure cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. gluten free baking soda
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. sour cream, room temperature
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 organic free-range egg, room temperature
- 1/3 cup water, room temperature
- For The Mousse
- ¼ cup less 1 tbsp. pure cocoa powder
- ¼ cup warm water
- 10 oz. gluten free semisweet dark chocolate chopped or chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F
- 2. Cut out a circle out of parchment paper and place on the bottom of an 8 inch round spring form baking pan
- 3. In a large bowl mix flour, 4 tbsp. cocoa powder, salt and baking soda
- 4. In another bowl whisk together maple syrup, sour cream, olive oil, egg and water, and then add to dry ingredients. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- 5. Pour batter into spring form baking pan and bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out almost clean. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- 6. For The Mousse
- 7. Whisk cocoa and warm water until cocoa is dissolved
- 8. Place chocolate and butter in a heat safe bowl and place over boiling water until melted, stirring occasionally, then add cocoa mixture and whisk together, then cool.
- 9. In a large bowl add whipping cream and maple syrup, whip until soft peaks form. Slowly fold in cocoa mixture until you can’t see white anymore, do not over mix.
- 10. Smooth the mousse on top of the cake and refrigerate for three hours or until the mousse sets before serving.
- 11. To serve carefully loosen the sides with a sharp knife then remove from spring form. Serve chilled.
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...