Delicious stuffing can be the highlight of a meal. This simply made gluten free apple spinach stuffing is made into muffins. The apples and spinach put a lovely fall twist on this amazing stuffing. It is moist and light with a crispy topping. Because of the selection of ingredients we have used, it is healthier than traditional bread stuffing. This savoury muffin makes a wonderful addition to turkey, chicken or pork and is just the thing for mopping up gravy the next day
Gluten Free Apple Spinach Stuffing Muffins
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh sage
- ½ tsp. dried thyme leaves
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup gluten free chicken stock
- 1 medium apple, peeled cored and finely chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. milk (non-dairy works as well)
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 340 g (3/4 lb.) white sandwich bread, crust removed and sliced into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups roughly chopped baby spinach (about 3 oz.)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Generously grease a muffin pan or use parchment paper liners
- 2. In a medium skillet over medium heat sauté onions in olive oil until soft. About 3 -4 minutes. Stir in sage, thyme, salt and pepper and remove from the heat. Add chicken stock and apple
- 3. Whisk eggs, milk and baking soda until fluffy about 2 minutes
- 4. In a large bowl combine bread with spinach, then add onion mix and stir until everything is well mixed. Add in eggs and gently stir until just combined
- 5. Generously fill muffin pan and slightly pat down the stuffing
- 6. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until the top is lightly brown
- 7. Note: The stuffing mix can be made a day in advance when refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before baking
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...