Flourless Chocolate Truffle Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 9 inch round cake
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (4 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups gluten free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. rum or pure vanilla
- 7 free range eggs
- ½ cup demerara or light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Pure Cacao for dusting
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 9-inch springform cake pan with a circle of parchment paper.
- 2. Add whipping cream into a saucepan and gently heat, when the cream is fairly hot add butter and chocolate chips and gently whisk until the chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and add rum or vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
- 3. In a large bowl add eggs, sugar and sea salt and beat with an electric mixer until the eggs become fluffy. Slowly add the cream mixture and beat until combined.
- 4. Pour the batter into the cake pan and place it on a baking pan. Bake for one hour. The cake may look a bit soft in the middle this is fine. Place the cake on a wire rack and cool to room temperature, then cover and chill for 4 hours or overnight
- 5. Loosen the sides before releasing the clasp, remove the ring and place on a cake plate. Dust with cacao and garnish with berries.
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...