- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 bunch broccoli (about 1 pound), stems coarsely grated and heads coarsely chopped
- 2 cups coarsely grated green cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, peel and cut in half lengthwise, remove the seeds with a small spoon and slice thinly
- 3 green onions (spring onions), thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- Note: whenever possible use organic ingredients
- FOR THE DRESSING
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. minced ginger (about 1-inch)
- 1 Tbsp. tamari sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. freshly grated orange zest
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- 1. In a large bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients
- 2. Add everything except the black sesame seeds and toss to combine
- 3. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve
- 4. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with black sesame seeds
- 5. Note: Slaw can be made up to 6 hours in advance when refrigerated
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...