- (3.5 /5)
- (2 Rating)
- Ripe Plum tomatoes
- 1. Preheat your oven to the lowest setting
- 2. Slice the tomatoes across to 1-inch thick pieces. (If you are using large tomatoes using a small spoon remove seeds if you wish)
- 3. Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook until tomatoes become dry and chewy this can take 2 - 4 hours or more depending on your oven
- 4. Cool before storing in glass jars with or without olive oil and tightly seal with a lid
- 5. To dry tomatoes in the sun place them on a baking sheet and leave in the sun for two days bringing them in at night
- 6. To use a dehydrator follow the manufacturers instructions
- 7. To add various flavours to the tomatoes, sprinkle the tomatoes with your favourite spices and drizzle with a little olive oil and then dry. If you are storing them in olive oil, you can add garlic and herbs.
- 8. To store sundried tomatoes with or without olive oil place them in clean, dry glass jars with an airtight lid in a dark place. Once you open the ones packed in olive oil keep them refrigerated, the oil will solidify so just before use bring them to room temperature
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...