Spicy Thai Chicken Coconut Soup
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 1 tbsp. organic coconut oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. freshly minced ginger
- ½ lb. sliced mushrooms
- 1 organic yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp. organic, gluten free cayenne pepper
- 3 cups organic, gluten free chicken broth
- 1 lemongrass stalk, cut lenghtwise in half
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 lb. organic skinless, boneless chicken thighs or breast, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced organic savoy cabbage
- ½ cup diced organic green onions
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ½ bunch organic cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh organic lime juice
- Sea salt to taste
- 1. Add coconut oil, garlic and ginger to a medium soup pot and sauté on low heat for one minute or until fragrant
- 2. Stir in mushrooms, yellow pepper and cayenne pepper and cook for 3 minutes
- 3. Add chicken broth, lemongrass, fish sauce, maple syrup and chicken and simmer for 15 minutes
- 4. Add in savoy cabbage and cook for 2 more minutes
- 5. Add the balance of ingredients, bring to boil and turn off the heat.
- 6. Remove lemon grass and serve
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...