This is a modern version of Indian pahadi (Pahari) chicken. The term pahadi originates from pahad meaning mountain. Food in India varies depending on the region. This chicken recipe is truly outstanding, not your typical curry recipe. Serve with one of our rice dishes.
Pahadi Chicken – Gluten Free
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- (2 Rating)
- 1 bunch organic cilantro, roughly chopped
- ½ cup organic fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups organic, full fat yogurt
- 1 green chili pepper or to taste, remove seeds and roughly chopp
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tsp. organic, gluten-free ground cardamom
- 1 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- 1 tsp. organic, gluten-free garam marsala
- ½ tsp. organic, gluten-free turmeric
- ½ tsp. organic, gluten-free nutmeg
- ½ tsp. organic, gluten-free freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large, organic, bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 large organic onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp. organic, gluten-free cumin seeds
- ½ cup water
- 1. Place first thirteen ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until you create a thick paste
- 2. With a fork prick the chicken few times and then rub in the paste, cover and refrigerate for minimum four hours or for best results overnight
- 3. Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan and then add onions, sauté for five minutes on medium heat, and then stir in cumin seeds. Give it a good stir.
- 4. Add the chicken and sear on both sides, about two minutes each side
- 5. Add ½ cup of water in the remaining paste and pour over the chicken
- 6. Cover and cook on low heat for 15 – 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked
- 7. Turn off the heat and stir in 1 cup of yogurt. Enjoy!
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...