Lamb Shanks with Honey Glaze
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 4 lamb shanks, about ¾ lb. each
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cups gluten free beef broth
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced into ½-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 4 carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 parsnips, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Himalayan pink salt and black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F
- 2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the shanks in coconut oil. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a plate and set aside
- 3. Drain the fat from the skillet and add vinegar, cook until you reduce the vinegar by half
- 4. Add the broth, honey and cinnamon and bring to boil. Return the shanks to the skillet and add the oranges, onion and garlic. Roast for 1-½ hours, basting the shanks regularly
- 5. Add the remaining vegetables around the shanks. The vegetables should be in the broth, if needed add more broth. Roast for 30 minutes basting the shanks regularly, and then cover and cook 30 more minutes
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...