Gluten-Free Skinny Spaghetti Meat Sauce
- 1 lb (450 grams) extra-lean ground beef (5% fat)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) paprika
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) oregano leaves
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1x (6 oz.) pure tomato paste
- 2 cups water or as needed for desired thickness
- 1 ½ cups shredded zucchini (with skin), about 1 medium zucchini
- 1 celery stalk thinly sliced
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- Sea salt to taste
- Handful of fresh basil leaves and parsley chopped
- NOTE: All ingredients including spices must be gluten-free and use organic ingredients whenever possible
- 1. Preheat a medium size pot (preferably non-stick) and add the ground beef. Cook over high heat for two minutes while stirring, and then add onions and cook for five more minutes while stirring. The beef and onions should start browning
- 2. Stir in garlic, paprika and oregano until combined about a minute
- 3. Add in bay leaves, tomato sauce, water, zucchini, celery, carrot and salt and then cover the pot. Bring the sauce to low simmer and cook for one hour, adding a little water if needed.
- 4. When the sauce is finished cooking remove from the heat and stir in fresh basil and parsley
- 5. Serve over cooked spaghetti squash (42 Cal) or 1 cup of gluten-free pasta (approx. 200 Cal)
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...