It is hard to imagine Thanksgiving without a freshly baked pumpkin pie. Making a pumpkin pie is like baking custard in a pie shell. This scrumptious gluten free pumpkin pie has the right balance of spices, cream and maple syrup nestled in a delicious walnut crust. This holiday season surprise everyone with this easy to make creamy pumpkin pie, they will never know it is gluten free. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie with Walnut Crust
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 9-inch pie
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- Walnut Crust
- 2 ½ cups walnuts
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 Tbsp. agave nectar or pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. buckwheat flour
- ¼ tsp. Mediterranean pink salt
- 1 ½ cup (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup cream
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. Mediterranean pink salt
- 1. WALNUT CRUST
- 2. Place walnuts in a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- 3. Add balance of ingredients and blend until mixture comes together into soft dough. Wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours
- 4. Press the dough into a 9-inch pie dish all the way up the sides of the dish and poke several holes with a fork and freeze for 30 minutes
- 5. Preheat oven to 375 F and bake for 12 minutes. Cool before adding pumpkin filling
- 6. FILLING
- 7. Whisk all the ingredients together until evenly blended. Place the pie dish on a baking sheet and pour in the pumpkin filling
- 8. Bake for 20 minutes at 375 F, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 F and bake the pie for 40 more minutes
- 9. Cool, the pie to room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Serve with whipping cream
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...