These gluten-free and egg-free meatballs are bursting with delectable Asian flavours, but it is the water chestnuts that give these meatballs an interesting texture. There are many ways you can serve these tasty morsels, most often I would serve them as an appetizer, but they compliment rice or vegetables perfectly.
Gluten-Free Asian Meatballs
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 lb. lean organic ground chicken
- 1 can (8 oz.) sliced water chestnut packed in water, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 organic green onions, use mostly the white part, roughly sliced. Save some extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp. tamari sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. minced ginger
- ½ tsp. organic, gluten-free ground coriander
- FOR THE SAUCE
- ¼ cup organic, gluten-free tamari sauce
- ¼ cup organic, gluten-free apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 tsp. sriracha hot chilli sauce (optional, if you like spicy)
- 1 tsp. gluten-free cornstarch
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 F
- 2. Add all meatball ingredients into a food processor and pulse until all ingredients are well combined, do not over process. You want to leave the water chestnuts in small chunks
- 3. By using two teaspoons, create one inch meatballs about the size of a walnut.
- 4. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 35 minutes
- 5. While the meatballs are cooking, add all the sauce ingredients into a small saucepan. Whisk together and cook until the sauce slightly thickens. Remove from heat
- 6. Arrange meatballs on a serving platter and drizzle with sauce. Garnish with green onions.
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...
If you haven’t tried stuffed pork tenderloin with spinach and...