This gluten free apple pie is a true classic, but without the added crust, how wonderful. The greatest effort goes into making the crust, but with this pie, there is not crust, making it an easy recipe. Now imagine loads of delicious apples combined with cinnamon and oats. Spectacular! This scrumptious apple pie recipe should be on everyone’s favourite recipe list
Gluten Free Apple Pie Without a Crust
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 5 cups peeled and thinly sliced apples, such as Granny Smith, Spartan or Honey Crisp
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. certified gluten free rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. butter, cut in small pieces
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose gluten free flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup certified gluten free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Mediterranean pink salt
- 5 Tbsp. cool unsalted butter cut in small pieces
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds or chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with foil
- 2. Toss apple slices with lemon juice, lemon zest, agave and cinnamon. Add oats, butter pieces and flour and gently mix. Set aside
- 3. TOPPING
- 4. Combine flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon and salt
- 5. Cut in the butter with vanilla, until the mixture becomes crumbly texture or use your hands
- 6. Spoon apples into a lightly greased deep 8-inch pie dish and slightly press the apples down
- 7. Sprinkle with the topping and then spread almonds over the top.
- 8. Bake the pie on prepared baking sheet for 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 F and bake 45 minutes more
- 9. Cool the pie completely before slicing and serve cold
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...