Eggplant Dip ~ Naturally Gluten Free
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 1/2 cup
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 eggplant, about 12 - 14 oz.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp. organic, gluten free ground coriander
- 1 tsp. organic, gluten free chili powder
- Juice of one lemon
- Sea salt and organic, gluten free freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- 2. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise and brush with olive oil
- 3. Place skin side up on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes
- 4. While the eggplant is baking, heat 1 tbsp. of the olive oil and add onions, sauté on low heat until soft, about 10 minutes
- 5. Add garlic, coriander and chili powder and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes
- 6. Scoop the flesh out of the eggplant and put into a food processor, add in onion mix and lemon juice.
- 7. Start the food processor and slowly add in the balance of olive oil until it becomes a smooth mixture.
- 8. Generously season with salt and pepper.
- 9. This eggplant dip goes especially well with raw red pepper slices and large green olives
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...