Marinated Japanese Eggplant With Raisins And Pine Nuts
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (3 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 6 Medium size Japanese eggplants cut into ¼- inch thick strips
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup gluten-free, sulfite-free raisins
- 2 tbsp. gluten-free balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. organic, gluten-free red chili pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1. Preheat broiler to high
- 2. Brush eggplant with a little olive oil on both sides and place on a non-stick baking sheet
- 3. Broil for about 10 minutes or until slightly blackened, turning them over halfway through broiling
- 4. To make marinade: in a small bowl combine olive oil, garlic, pine nuts, raisins, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, pepper flakes and salt
- 5. Place the hot eggplant in a serving bowl and pour the marinade over
- 6. Marinade for 4 hours turning the eggplant over a couple of times, but it is best if it is made 24 hours in advance. Serve room temperature.
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...