This gluten free lemon poppy seed loaf will compliment most diets. It is gluten free, egg free, dairy free and nut free. This incredibly moist loaf has a subtle lemon flavour and a delicate crumb texture making it very popular. Poppy seeds are a good source of minerals, so enjoy!
Gluten Free Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 10 slices
- Difficulty Level Easy
- ¾ cup coconut or almond milk
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour
- ½ cup white rice flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp. Mediterranean pink salt
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. aluminum free baking powder
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum (do not add if your all purpose GF flour has xanthan gum already)
- ½ cup melted coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large apple, grated
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line the bottom of an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper
- 2. Combine milk, poppy seeds and vinegar and set aside
- 3. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and xanthan gum
- 4. In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut oil, apple, lemon juice, vanilla and lemon zest
- 5. Pour wet mixtures into the dry ingredients and thoroughly mix
- 6. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes
- 7. Rest in the pan for 15 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...