This gluten free cornbread tastes delicious when served with warm soups or stews. Cornbread is especially popular when following a gluten-free diet because of its texture, flavour and diversity. I used jalapenos and cheese, but you can add olives, cranberries, sundried tomatoes or feta cheese, the list is endless for creating your personal cornbread. I recommend buying certified organic cornmeal for GMO-free
Gluten Free Jalapeno Cheese Cornbread
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 loaf
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten free flour (I used Artisan blend)
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 large eggs or you may use egg replacer equal to two large eggs
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 – 2 Jalapeno peppers (depending how spicy you want the cornbread), divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 F
- 2. Line an 8 ½” x 4 1/2” loaf pan with parchment paper, or similar sized dish
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk dry ingredients to blend.
- 4. In a separate bowl whisk together buttermilk, olive oil, agave nectar, apple cider vinegar and eggs
- 5. To prepare jalapeno peppers, remove the seeds and chop into small pieces. Save some thin slices for the topping
- 6. Add cheese, chopped jalapenos and wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until batter is smooth
- 7. Pour batter into prepared pan and top with jalapeno slices
- 8. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...