- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- 2 Tbsp. GF ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp. active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 Tbsp. agave syrup
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour blend, plus some for dusting
- 1 cup GF tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup gluten free cornmeal
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, divided
- 12 1-inch cubes of cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup melted butter, divided
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Combined flaxseed and ¼ cup of water in a small bowl and set aside for 10 minutes
- 2. In a small bowl mix 2 cups of warm water, agave and yeast. Set aside for 10 minutes
- 3. In a large bowl combine 2 cups of flour, tapioca starch, cornmeal and sea salt
- 4. Add flaxseed mix, olive oil, vinegar, three minced garlic cloves to yeast mixture and whisk to combine. Add to dry ingredients and stir until dough forms. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside in a warm place until the dough doubles in size. About 1 hour
- 5. Brush a 12-cup muffin pan with melted butter. Scoop out about a ¼ cup of dough for each roll. Dust your hands with some flour and place the dough in your hands. Place 1 cube of cheese in the middle of the dough and then roll into a ball. Place each ball into the prepared muffin pan. Cover with a damp cloth and place in a warm place for 1 hour
- 6. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 F
- 7. Add remaining minced garlic to melted butter and brush the balls. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with fresh parsley
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...