Black Bean Quesadilla – Gluten-Free
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 X 10-ich gluten free tortillas (I used rice)
- 1 bunch organic green onions diced
- 1 small organic red pepper diced
- 1 tsp. organic, gluten-free ground cumin
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 x (13.5 oz.) organic black beans drain and rinse
- ½ cup chopped organic cilantro
- 1 organic tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ cups freshly grated old cheddar cheese
- 1. Heat 2 teaspoons of butter in a large non-stick frying pan and add onions, red pepper, cumin and salt and then sauté for 3 minutes Set aside in a bowl
- 2. In the same pan, add a little butter and 1 tortilla, then add layers as follows; ½ cup cheese and then another tortilla, onion mix, beans, cilantro, tomato, remaining cheese and another tortilla.
- 3. Cook for 5 minutes or until the bottom is nice and brown, add the rest of the butter on the sides and carefully flip the tortilla and cook another 5 minutes.
- 4. To serve, let the quesadilla cool for 5 minutes then slice.
- 5. Serve as is or with yogurt, sour cream or a small salad
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...