Best Gluten-Free Rustic Bread Recipe
- (4.5 /5)
- (2 Rating)
- 1 ½ cup water, warm
- 1 ½ tsp. gluten-free rapid yeast
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup gluten-free chia seeds
- 3 cups all purpose gluten-free flour (I use Cup4Cup)
- ½ cup gluten free buckwheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F
- 2. In a small bowl mix water, yeast and maple syrup and set aside for 15 minutes
- 3. In a large bowl mix chia seeds, all purpose gluten-free flour, buckwheat flour and sea salt.
- 4. Add yeast mixture and olive oil to dry ingredients and with spatula combine all ingredients until they are well mixed and become a bread dough consistency.
- 5. Cover with a dry cloth and let the dough rise to twice its size, should take about 40 minutes, after take the dough out of the bowl and knead for about a minute. Place in a bread loaf pan and cover with a dry cloth for another hour.
- 6. Then with a sharp knife make 4 slices across the top about ¼ inch deep and place the bread in a pre-heated oven on the middle rack.
- 7. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until the crust becomes golden brown.
- 8. Remove bread from the pan and place on a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...