This is a healthy snack for your kids, it is also one of my favorite healthy treats to snack on. Apple chips are chewy and very addictive. Because much of the antioxidant content of an apple is found in its peel, you’ll want to leave the peel on, for this reason, look for organic apples, which will be free from pesticides and other chemicals. If you purchase conventional apples, briefly soaking them in a solution of 10 percent vinegar to 90 percent water to help remove pesticides and bacteria
Apple Cinnamon Chips
- Prep Time
- 40 Chips
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 4 organic apples (I prefer to use Gala apples, they are sweet and have vanilla-like flavour)
- Organic gluten-free ground cinnamon to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 225 F
- 2. Slice the apples thinly, same as you would potato chips (do not peel). Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. No need to remove the seeds, they pop out after the chips are done
- 3. Sprinkle with cinnamon to taste
- 4. Place on the middle rack in your oven and bake for 1 hour, Flip apples over, bake for another half hour
- 5. Turn off the heat and let the apple chips cool off in the oven, this will help them get crunchy, sometimes they are more chewy then crunchy but still delicious!
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...