Tomato Stuffed with Mediterranean Salad
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 4 beefsteak heirloom tomatoes. They should be firm but ripe
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, cut into small cubes
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup pitted castelvetrano olives, (you can use olives of your choice). I used castelvetrano olives because they have a sweeter flavour
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ½ cup good quality crumbled feta cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- 1. With a small sharp knife cut out the middle of a tomato and then carefully scoop out the balance with a spoon. Slice the scooped out tomato into small pieces and place in a large bowl
- 2. Add remainder of ingredients, except the tomato and lettuce and stir well. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- 3. Fill each tomato with the salad and place each one on a plate with two lettuce leaves
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...