This gluten free dish has all the delicious ingredients of a vegetarian burrito without the tortilla. At the end of the day having a hearty nutritious meal that takes only minutes to prepare is always welcome. For this delish, Mexican recipe all you need is one large skillet and an oven. What a nice relaxing way to end the day
Gluten Free Burrito in a Skillet
- 1 medium size yellow onion
- 1 large tomato
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cored and diced (optional)
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups cooked black beans
- 1 ½ cups uncooked basmati rice or any long grain rice
- 2 ½ cups gluten free chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 F
- 2. Dice the onion, tomato, and bell pepper to small bite size pieces. In a large skillet combine the onion, tomato, bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic, chili powder, cumin and olive oil. Bake for 25 minutes, stirring half way through
- 3. Stir in the black beans, and then add rice, broth, half the cilantro and half the cheese
- 4. Stir everything together, cover the skillet with foil and continue to cook for 18 - 20 minutes or until all the broth is absorbed by the rice
- 5. Remove the foil and sprinkle with cheese. Set the heat to broil and cook for 2 – 3 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly
- 6. Allow the burrito to cool for 10 minutes then top with fresh cilantro and serve
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...