10 Gluten-Free Vegan Alcoholic Drinks You Need to Try
BY GUEST CONTRIBUTOR LORI WADE.
Just because you’re living a gluten-free or vegan lifestyle doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a refreshing cocktail this summer. Here are some recipes that you can try out, ranging from lusciously creamy to delightfully fruity.
1. Island Rum
This simple drink will have you feeling like you’re sipping out of a coconut while lounging on the beach – almost.
● Bom Bom Nilli Vanilli Caribbean Rum, 1 tablespoon
● Coconut water, 4 ounces
Fill a glass with ice. Pour in the rum and coconut water.
Stir and enjoy!
2. Mango Piña Colada
This delightful twist on a crowd favourite is gluten-free, vegan, and 100% delicious.
● Smirnoff Vodka, 2½ ounces
● Coconut milk, 3 ounces
● Pineapple juice, 3 ounces
● Mango puree, 3 ounces
Combine everything into a blender and pulse until the mixture is smooth.
Transfer to a tall glass and serve.
3. Rosé Elderflower Spritzer
This fruity and aromatic spritzer is a great way to refresh and recharge after a long day. Plus, it’s super pretty!
● Vegan rosé wine (Meiomi, Winc Summer Water, or Natura brand), 2 ounces, preferably chilled in a wine refrigerator beforehand, for an ideal wine experience
● Angostura Aromatic Bitters, dash
● St. Elder Natural Elderflower Liqueur
● Club soda
Add ice to a glass and combine all the alcohol.
Top with club soda and give it a stir. Serve.
4. Angelo Azzurro
Inspired by a well-known cocktail in Italy, this drink is vibrant, yet understated.
● 66 Gilead Distillery Loyalist Gin, 3 ounces
● Hiram Walker triple sec, 1½ ounces
● VOK blue curacao, ½ ounce
Pour the ice into a cocktail glass.
Fill a cocktail shaker with all the alcohol. Add the ice and give it a good stir.
Pour mixture into a cocktail glass and serve.
5. Orange-Vanilli Bom Bom
This mixture tastes like a spiked Orange-Vanilla coke, but it’s way more satisfying.
● Bom Bom Nilli Vanilli Caribbean Rum, 2 tablespoons
● Cherry Coke, 1 tablespoon
● Orange juice, 4 ounces
Fill a glass with ice. Add the rum, then top with the Cherry Coke and orange juice.
6. Creamy Lime Spiked Soda
A bit creamy, a bit zingy, this is a yummy drink to have while relaxing in the late afternoon sunlight.
● Bom Bom Nilli Vanilli Caribbean Rum, 4 tablespoons
● Sprite (or another lemon-lime soda), 7 ounces
● Lime juice, 2 teaspoons
Fill a tall glass with ice. Pour in the rum.
Top with Sprite and lime juice, serve.
7. Tropical Dream Cocktail
Hints of tropical fruits and a cheerful colour will make this cocktail a crowd favourite.
● Maraska Pear Liqueur, 1 ounce
● Whaler’s Killer Coconut Rum, 1½ ounces
● Dole pineapple orange banana juice, 1½ ounces
Fill a cocktail glass with ice.
In a cocktail shaker, combine all of the ingredients with the ice. Shake gently.
Pour the mixture into the glass and serve
8. Sparkling Peach Bellini
A fruity Bellini is perfect for an afternoon with friends or a lazy Sunday. If peach isn’t your thing, feel free to use a berry or melon of your choice.
● Piper Sonoma sparkling wine, 6 ounces
● Peach puree, 2 ounces
Add the fruit puree to a champagne glass.
Top with sparkling wine and any cut fruit, if desired. Enjoy.
9. Grapefruit Lime Margarita
Who doesn’t love a good marg? This one is fruity and refreshing, and will give your taste buds a ride!
● St. Elder Natural Elderflower Liqueur
● 1800 Tequila, 2 ounces
● Hiram Walker triple sec, ½ ounce
● Grapefruit juice, 3 ounces
● Lime juice, ½ ounce
● Simple syrup, ½ ounce
Place all of the ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.
Pour the mixture into a salt-rimmed glass (or unsalted, if preferred), and serve.
10. Gluten-Free and Vegan Long Island Iced Tea
Although it doesn’t have any tea, this drink remains a popular highballer, boasting a high alcohol content. Take it easy with this one!
● Mile High Peg Leg White Rum, one ounce
● Mohawk Gin, one ounce
● Walla Walla Vodka, one ounce
● Aristocrat Tequila, one ounce
● Jules Perchard triple sec, ½ ounce
● Coca-Cola, ½ cup
● Lemon juice, 2 tablespoons
● Lemon wedges
Add ice to a cocktail shaker. Add all of the alcohol along with the lemon juice into the shaker.
Shake gently and pour into two glasses. Top with Coca-Cola and lemon wedges, if desired. Enjoy.
Author’s BIO: Lori Wade is a journalist from Louisville. She is a content writer for who have experience in small editions, Lori is now engaged in news and conceptual articles on the topic of home decor. If you are interested in gardening or lifestyle, you can find her on Twitter & LinkedIn. She has good experience and knowledge in the field.
Affiliate Disclosure: Only Gluten-Free Recipes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Please check out my sponsorship and disclosure policy page for more details