This amazing gluten-free pudding holds no boundaries. It can be eaten for breakfast, snack or dessert. The combination of creamy coconut milk, vanilla, apples and cinnamon will keep you coming back for more. Chia seed is a powerhouse of nutrients such as calcium, iron, protein, fiber and magnesium. Including it in your diet will promote good health.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (3 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 2 cup organic vanilla coconut milk (if you don't have vanilla coconut milk, user regular coconut milk and add a tsp. of pure vanilla and 2 tbsp. of pure maple syrup. Do not use the canned version)
- ½ cup organic, gluten-free dark chia seeds
- FOR THE COMPOTE
- 1 large organic apple or 2 medium size, core, peel and thinly slice
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed organic lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp. gluten-free tapioca flour
- ½ tsp. organic, gluten-free ground cinnamon
- 1. Combine chia seeds and coconut milk in a bowl and refrigerate overnight
- 2. FOR THE COMPOTE
- 3. Whisk together water, tapioca and cinnamon in a small saucepan, and then add apples, lemon juice and maple syrup.
- 4. While stirring cook the apples on medium heat until they slightly soften about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- 5. Transfer to a glass bowl and refrigerate.
- 6. To serve, pour pudding into serving bowls and top with apple compote. You can add some toppings such as walnuts, pecans, almonds or pomegranate seeds, but the pudding is delicious as is. Additional toppings can be served on the side.
- 7. Note: The pudding will last up to 3 days refrigerated.
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...