Grilled Flank Steak With Herb Sauce
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 flank steak, about 1 ½ to 1 ¾ lb.
- FOR THE MARINADE
- 2 tbsp. organic gluten-free tamari sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Juice of 1 organic lime
- 1 tbsp. organic, gluten-free ground mustard seed
- 1 tbsp. organic, gluten-free coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. grape seed oil
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp. organic, gluten-free dried thyme leaves
- FOR THE SAUCE
- ½ cup finely chopped organic parsley
- ½ cup finely chopped organic cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ tsp. dried cumin
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- 1. Trim off any fat and pierce both sides with a fork to tenderize the steak and place in a plastic bag
- 2. Mix all the marinade ingredients and pour over the steak, and then with your fingers massage the marinade into the steak. Cover and refrigerate for 4 -24 hours, halfway through turn and massage the steak
- 3. Bring the steak to room temperature and preheat the grill to hot and grill 3 – 4 minutes on each side, the internal temperature for rare steak should read 125 F and 130 F for medium rare
- 4. When the steak is done, transfer it to a warm plate and let it rest for 5 minutes. Cut against the grain into ½ inch slices
- 5. SAUCE - Whisk the ingredients together and pour over steak just before serving
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...