Gluten-Free Baked Butternut Squash Pudding
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- ½ small butternut squash seeds removed
- 2 cups (500 mL) full-fat organic milk
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) gluten-free cornmeal
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5 mL) gluten-free organic ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (1.25 mL) sea salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) raisins (preferably sulfite free)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 tsp (10 mL) pure vanilla
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C)
- 2. Place squash cut side down on baking sheet and bake for 1 hour. Cool and then scoop out flesh and puree in food processor, it should make 1 cup (250 mL)
- 3. Reduce heat to 275 F (140 C)
- 4. Whisk together milk, cornmeal, cinnamon and salt in a saucepan, then add raisins and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until thickened
- 5. Stir in squash, maple syrup, butter and vanilla and pour into small ramekins (I used 3-inch = 7 cm size ramekin). Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes
- 6. Serve chilled
- 7. NOTE: For dairy free options substitute milk with rice, almond or coconut milk and for the butter use coconut oil or coconut cream
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...